So you competed in our 2013 Adventure Race or only hear of all the fun. Now get ready for the next challenge.If this is your first year to participate, don't worry. The race has now taken on a new route and format.
Saturday 15 March 2014
Ticket sales officially opens on the 15th of February
Pre-Bookings can be made below at the bottom of this page.
Do you have what it takes to complete the Good Hope Fm Adventure Race?
Winners of the race receive R20 000!
Lots of spot prizes up the value of R100 000.
Family fun and activities to complete.
Of course we cant give away the details of the event but here are some guidelines as well as a review form a 2013 participantClick here to read a 2013 event review This will be your family and friend outing for the year. Limited space available. Only 250 teams will be allowed to enter.
1st Prize R20 000
2nd Prize to the value of R5 000
3rd Prize is best themed dressed team. R5000Thousands of Rands in spot prizes. Entry to the event will cost R110 per person. A team must consist of 4 to maximum 5 participants. You must have your own transport (no need for 4 x 4). The team must be in one vehicle. Once you have entered and completed the documentation: The Adventure Race will start in Caledon at the Caledon Hotel and Spa on 15thMarch 2014. The event will start from 7:00. Teams will be scheduled for departure at short intervals, in order to keep the traffic to a minimum. Departure will be staggered from 7:00 till 10:00. So arrive early and depart early. The times for the winners will be calculated on the average time for the event. The team finishing closes to the set time wins. This is not a speed race or time trial. You do not need to exceed the legal speed limit or run. In fact, if you cheat you are only cheating your self out of fun and a possible first prize. You will receive the objectives for the day at the starting point. A Full map and your clues will only be given on the day of the race. If we provide this to you before hand it spoils the fun……… Participants will have a taste of how adventurous the Cape Whale Coast and the Cape Country Meander is. Towns included on the race will be Hermanus, Caledon, Botrivier, Kleinmond and Bettiesbay. This self drive experience will take you to places you might not even know exists a stone throw from Cape Town The products and adventures used will be short samples of what the regions offer. You will receive a 10% discount if you return after the event to do a full activity. ( so keep the website details) 🙂
Terms, Conditions and Need to Know
- All participants must complete the online registration process to enter.
- 2 members of your team must have swimwear on hand to complete some objectives.
- Not all members of your team need to be able to do everything. When you get to an objective or adventure the team can select a member to complete the task.
- Prepare snacks and drinks in advance, to avoid unnecessary stops during the event.
- We will be releasing clues on our face book group page so please subscribe to receive regular updates on the event. This will be our bill board for the event so join the group to know what’s going on, in and during the run-up.
- https://www.facebook.com/groups/saforestadventures Dont miss out on updates add yourself to the page.
- You don’t need to be fit just in good health! No medical conditions!
- You don’t need a 4 x 4. We have a secret time for the event winners – we have determined this by averaging times to reach a desired time for the event. If you race to win you might come in to fast. This event targets families and friends looking for a different experience.
- The event will not be weather dependent – some of the activities might but keep in mind the event will go on, no matter what the weather conditions.
- All Participants must complete the Indemnity document. This will be emailed to you once you have registered for the event.
- At least one adult to accompany children.
- All Participants must comply with South African laws – this includes road usage legislation.
- Judges decisions are final. Staff instructions and marshals must also be adhered to at all times.
- You will only be eligible for a prize if you attend the price giving.
- A completed registration form automatically binds all contestants -(your group of participants) to the rules and regulations of the event
- No Refunds.
- You have to agree to the terms and conditions on-line.
Registration & bookings for the event will open on the 15th of Feb. Pre-Bookings can be made below
For a team of 5 participants click below and follow the booking instructions
For a team of 4 participants click below and follow the booking instructionsClick on the button for all the sponsors [button color="red" url="http://saforestadventures.co.za/index.php/adventure-race/event-sponsors/" size="default"]EVENT SPONSORS[/button]
Posted in Uncategorizedwith no comments yet.